Here's a simple recipe for you guys, apple cheddar bites!
I was introduced to this combination by a friend in college, and ever since I crave these flavors like no other. The key is to find a sharp or smoked cheese which can compliment the flavor of a granny smith apple. If you can't find granny smiths near you, try an apple that has a slight sour pucker. The thyme and honey finish off the bites.
- 1 granny smith apple, sliced into thin wedges
- 3 inch chunks of sharp cheddar and smoked cheddar cheese, sliced thinly
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 3-4 springs of fresh thyme, leaves removed
- Top each piece of apple with a slice of cheese, alternating between the sharp and smoked cheddar. Make a few with both types of cheese if it tickles your fancy!
- Drizzle the honey over the bites, and top with the fresh thyme leaves. Serve and enjoy!